Saturday, November 24, 2012

Introductions: Saber

This is my most recent arrival and boy was it a breath of relief! I ordered her last year as part of the big Type Moon anniversary event and was really excited about it as Saber Alter (or just Saber in general) is one of my favorite anime characters. Also this time she would come with her sword! I couldn't pass it up! So I preordered her and then waited, and waited, and then I waited some more. It was nearly a year before she arrived and when she did, I didn't even bother with a box opening shoot, I tore into that sucker!

I'm still trying to decide on a name for her, Saber is cool and all but I've decided that she is a slightly different character and therefore needs a different name. I always thought that as a "king", Saber's hair should have been short. I pulled out this older short wig that I had stored away and it was a match made in heaven!


She makes an adorable tomboy :)

Also this is my first Dollfie Dream in general and I have to say, I want more. I always knew that the bodies were nice aesthetically but the new type of DD body poses pretty well also. My Obitsus can out pose her by just a bit but she's good enough for me!


Also the balance is pretty decent, even with heels on I can get her to stand on her own with a little fiddling.


I'm still working on adding some things to her outfit, I looooove the dress she came with but it feels too fancy for everyday wear. I am working on making her a cloak with a bunch of wolf type fur at the top. I'll explain on that more in a another post I think. :)

In other news, I have a head on it's way to me! It was sort of an impulse buy but a cheap one and it'll be fun to play around with. I think I might hijack my 40cm Obitsu body and reshell a character with this combo but I won't know for sure until it gets here...


No comments:

Post a Comment